As we’re all trying to become healthier, it can be difficult to maintain a wide variety of eating options. Sometimes we get stuck eating the same tried and tested meals and there’s nothing more difficult than sticking to a diet with boring food. Protein is one of the most important components of our diet. We tend to stick to the safe options like chicken or eggs but fish can be just as simple to make and is a great way to shake up our dinner menus!
Here’s a quick and easy fish recipe that will serve dinner for two for under £10.
2 boneless cod fillets
Any extra veggies
Your choice of salad dressing
- Preheat the oven to 160°C on grill mode
- Cover a baking tray with foil
- Lightly coat the cod fillets in olive oil
- Smooth on the garlic paste/crushed garlic (do this to taste, we love our garlic)
- Sprinkle on salt, pepper, thyme and chilli flakes (use a spoon to evenly distribute the spices)
- Place the tray in the oven for 10-12 minutes
You can pair your fish with anything really, but we opted for a simple salad. We just used mixed leave, plum tomatoes and avocado. My favourite dressing is olive oil, balsamic glaze and salt and pepper. Shaleena loves the Japanese sesame dressing (it really is delicious) and you can pick it up from the Japan Centre in Soho.
And that’s it! A healthy and inexpensive meal you can make in under 20 minutes, using mostly cupboard ingredients.
Shaleena and Roshni
What we’re listening to: All Saints ‘Pure Shores’