Shaleena and I are always tinkering in the kitchen (well, Shaleena more than me) and the other day we came up with this awesome recipe for salmon! It's super simple but delicious and is perfect for a post-workout meal.
2 salmon fillets
Sun blushed/dried tomatoes
Chilli flakes (optional)
1. Heat the oven to 180
2. Cover a baking tray with foil and place the salmon fillets on the tray
3. Lightly coat the salmon fillets in olive oil
4. Spread a thick layer of pesto onto the fillets
5. Sprinkle lightly with oregano and chilli flakes
6. Add a few sun-dried tomatoes to the foil and squeeze on some lemon juice over the fish
7. Fold the foil to create a little parcel and place in the oven for 15 minutes
8. Add some couscous to a bowl and cover with boiling water. Set the bowl aside
9. In a separate bowl mix greek yoghurt, a teaspoon of pesto, a pinch of salt and some lemon juice
10. Once your salmon looks ready, lightly fluff the couscous and place it on a plate. Spoon on some of the yoghurt mixture and then place the salmon on top.
Enjoy! Also, if you're pairing your salmon with a cheeky glass of wine like we usually do, the wine app Grapeful recommends Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris or Riesling.
Shaleena and Roshni