Just a few short hours until Christmas! We thought we'd share this wonderful recipe from Lauren at Healthy Remedy.
These biscuits are the perfect snack to have if you don't want to be too naughty, just be careful you know how to stop yourself from finishing the whole batch! I created the recipe only a few days ago and it seemed like it went down as a hit!
130g quinoa flour
2- 2 1/2 tbsp of raw cashew butter
2 tbsp of coconut milk
2-3 Tbsp of natural maple syrup
1/2-1 tsp of vanilla bean paste
1/4 tsp vanilla escence
1/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven 350 F
2. In a mixer add the quinoa flour and the cashew butter and mix for a few seconds till everything starts combining.
3. Add the egg, maple syrup, vanilla paste and extract, bicarbonate soda, cream of tartar and coconut milk and mix till everything is blended.
4. If the mix is too sticky and hard to hold in your hand, just add a little bit more flour and make sure you balance out the other ingredients.
5. Roll at the dough and cut into shapes using cookie cutters. You could buy these in most supermarkets or baking shops. If not pat them into a round flat and not too thick or thin shape.
6. Bake in the oven for 15 mins.
7. Once taken out the oven I sprinkled a little bit of natural fruit sugar to give it that shiny look. However, that's optional!
Happy baking! Check out Lauren's blog for more awesome healthy recipes.
Shaleena and Roshni
What we're listening to: 'Jingle Bell Rock'